Monday, June 23, 2014

Celebrate Independence Day at Gulf Shores Plantation


Summer is in full swing and Independence Day will be here before you know it! What words come to mind when you think of the Fourth of July? I always think of family, food, fireworks and of course, the Alabama Gulf Coast.  
  
I have spent more than one Independence Day vacation in a Gulf Shores Plantation beach cottage and each trip brings back fond memories filled with sun and sand. The highlight is always watching the fireworks with my family.  I don’t know who gets more excited during the fireworks display, me or my kids! 

As I look at the July 4th calendar of events for this year, I see there are some possibilities for celebrating in Gulf Shores & Orange Beach this year. There’s Fort Morgan's Salute to American Independence, the Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration at Gulf Shores Public Beach, and the Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular Show and live music at the Wharf, just to name a few.

There’s still time to plan a trip down there. I’m in the process of trying to figure out the exact dates that we can make a getaway happen. I know that we will have fun no matter what we decide to do on Independence Day because we’d be together at the beach, which means it’s guaranteed to be a fun summer holiday!