Friday, May 23, 2014

Fishing on the Gulf

Have you ever been fishing on the Alabama Gulf Coast? It is a definitely an angler’s paradise. The vast Gulf of Mexico contains a wide variety of fish just waiting to be caught. My family and I used to just fish on the beach until our last trip. On a whim, we decided to try some offshore fishing. With more than 100 boats in the area, it was very easy to find a charter that suited our needs. The handy link I found on the Gulf Shores Plantation website made planning as simple as possible. 

Since it was our first time out, and the fact that we had the kids in tow, we thought it best not to take an all day excursion. We opted for a shorter trip. Once we made our choice on the boat and captain, we were able to book it right over the phone. I must say that once you’re out there, the exhilaration of just heading out on the gulf with the wind in your hair is enough to get anyone pumped to do some serious fishing. We had a great experience and I would highly recommend booking a charter next time you stay at the Gulf Shores Plantation. I know I will!